The Treasury of Lives

Felicia Beato, 1860

Yonghegong, or Ganden Jinchak Ling, was built in 1694 as an imperial palace in Beijing. Following the Emperor Qianlong's 1744 edict, it was fully converted to a Geluk monastery by the Third Changkya, Rolpai Dorje

Sources

Berger, Patricia. 2003. Empire of emptiness: Buddhist art and political authority in Qing China. Honolulu: University of Hawaii Press.

Biographies

There are 4 related biographies