The Treasury of Lives

Tsechen Chode Tubten Rabgye Ling is a Geluk monastery in central Tibet. Founded in 1366 by Nyawon Kunga Pel with the sponsorship of Gyantse's first prince Pakpa Pelzangpo, it served as the residence of the kings of Gyantse until the early fifteenth century. It was a major site of Jonang monastic education, and also connected to the Sakya tradition. Tsechen was converted to the Geluk tradition in the mid-seventeenth century. It was destroyed by the English during the Younghusband expedition, and later minimally restored. It is currently active but many ruins remain.

 

Biographies

There are 4 related biographies