The Treasury of Lives

Tangkya Lhakhang is a small Geluk institution in Meldro region to the northeast of Lhasa. If all sources can be believed, it was established during the Tibetan Imperial period, possibly by Songtsen Gampo. It was revitalized in the tenth century by Lume Sherab Tsultrim, briefly associated with the Jonang tradition, converted to the Kadam tradition in 1281 by Geshe Chenngawa Tsultrim Bar, and to the Geluk tradition in the fifteenth century by Sempa Lodro Gyeltsen.

Biographies

There are 2 related biographies