The Treasury of Lives

Gyelwa Sengge Ngaro temple, also called Dedenling Sengge Ngaro, was built in 1809 within the Labrang Tashikhyil Monastery in Amdo by the Second Zamtsa Sertri, Lobzang Jigme Namkha, in 1809. He constructed the temple at the recommendation of the Third Jamyang Zhepa, Lobzang Tupten Jigme Gyatso. The temple was dedicated to the Sukhavati buddafield and contained an enormous statue of Avalokiteshvara in the form of Simhanada. 

 

Biographies

There are 1 related biographies